Reeperbahn 2022. Germany
For the second year in a row, Ukraine was presented at Reeperbahn Festival, one of the most influential music business events in the world, by the official delegation. On September, 23 during the reception, participants were able to chat with business people and band representatives about the possible collaborations, support actions and enjoy some drinks and fine music together.
This year there was a very diverse line-up from multi-instrumentalist electronic girl duo Krapka;KOMA, break-beat, funk, electro dub band Junket, dreamy indie pop by Tonka and travel through the time and space with trippy phyhodelia with elements of hard rock from Love'n'Joy. All the bands were extremely vocal and active raising awareness about russian invasion in Ukraine, playing tons of concerts, volunteering and fundraising. Organized by independent initiative Music Export Ukraine and Ukrainian Institute.
It was also amazing to see more Ukrainian acts playing this year at Reeperbahn, along with keynote interview with Alyona Alyona and a separate discussion panel, where Vald Yaremchuk (Atlas) shared the current state of Ukrainian music sphere. Happy to be a part of a bigger story when it comes to spreading the word about Ukraine!
- Reeperbahn Festival Kicks Off With Ellie Goulding and Preview of ‘Hamilton’ in German // Billboard
- Alyona Alyona: The unofficial ambassador of Ukraine // wdr.de
- Reeperbahn 2022 / musikblog.de
- Exceeded expectations of the Reeperbahn Festival // wdr.de
- Reeperbahn Festival 2022 - War, Peace and Pop Culture // energy.de
- Opening show: Whoever gets up is out // noz.de
- Interview with Michael Götting, project manager ANCHOR Award at the Reeperbahn Festival // soundsandbooks.com
- Music to hear abroad // Slukh