Music Export Ukraine conducted the Cooperation Camp "Music is the Answer" — a unique opportunity for Ukrainian musicians to implement joint projects with their foreign colleagues. It was implemented within the framework of the EU-funded MusicAire grant program.
To participate in the Camp, Ukrainian non-academic musicians of any genre and scale submitted applications with the overview of their creative idea and budget. All who passed technical and creative selection have received 1,000 euros for implementation of their projects. Overall, the program supported 25 international cooperations: joint songs and remixes, performances, collaborations with foreign producers, music studios and labels, which were well-covered both in Ukrainian and foreign media.
- The main goal of the project should be any joint creative product: a song, a remix, a podcast, a project in social networks, a creative video, a joint performance, etc.
- The project must take place in partnership with a colleague residing in any of the following countries included in the Creative Europe program (All countries of the European Union; Associated members of the EU; Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Armenia, Macedonia, Georgia, Iceland, Norway, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Tunisia)
- The project must have a proportional contribution from both parties and be positioned as a joint effort
- The project can take place both online and offline.
- The project should be implemented by October 15, 2022.
- Any citizen of Ukraine who has two years of professional experience in non-academic original music can take part in the project.
- Meets at least two export criteria: https://musicexportukraine.com/artists/for-artists
- Has a registered legal entity (FOP, LLC, NGO, other) or is ready to receive a grant as an individual after tax deductions
- Has personal agreements with a foreign partner and is ready to take over a legal responsibility for project implementation
- Mention the support of the project: The project is developed with the support of Music Export Ukraine in the framework of MusicAIR project and is funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union and therefore the European Union cannot be held responsible for them.
- Music Export Ukraine can cover the following expenses related to the implementation of the project: logistics, promotional campaign, production, expert consulting, etc.
- The standard size of financial coverage for the cooperation project is 1,000 euros in hryvnia equivalent per month of payment
- One applicant can submit one application.
- Under the conditions of receiving a financial coverage, the applicant receives funds in the following proportion: 50% payment after signing the contract, 50% payment after the presentation of the project
- Depending on the legal entity, the applicant undertakes to pay state taxes on the amount of the received financial coverage.
- Financial coverage is provided by Music Export Ukraine after checking the application for compliance with the stated criteria.
- In the event that the project cannot be fully implemented due to force majeure (natural disasters, epidemics, fires, war, etc.), the Applicant undertakes to return the advance payment in full
- The applicant can change the foreign partner provided that he meets the original criteria and guarantees the implementation of the project within the approved time frame