Open call for Ukrainian musicians to participate in Reeperbahn Showcase Festival in Hamburg
Ukrainian musicians will perform on the leading world music showcase festivals and meet music industry professionals within the EXTRA SOUND programme developed by the Ukrainian Institute. The program aims to boost Ukraine's presence in the international music community. In 2021, the Extra Sound programme is organised in partnership with the House of Europe. A partner of the showcase is Music Export Ukraine.
An open call has been launched for one of the largest European showcase festivals — Reeperbahn Festival that is held in Reeperbahn, the famous district of Hamburg. The festival to be held on 22-25 September in Hamburg, Germany. This is the first time Ukrainian delegation presents local artists in the official music programme.
Two musicians (artists/bands) representing Ukraine will be chosen by the partnering festival’ managers together with the Ukrainian Institute. Open call is open until 20th April 2021.
- Ukrainian citizenship and permanent residence in Ukraine;
- Minimum age 18;
- Fluency in English (min. B2 level);
- Willingness for public communication;
- Proven professional experience;
- The applicant's activities and position must not contradict the principles and values of the UI.
Professional requirements (at least one must be met):
- Live performances abroad for the last 3 years
- Contract with foreign or Ukrainian music label (effective or in the past)
- at least 2 publications in foreign media for the last 2 years
- professional team in Ukraine (manager, agent, booking manager)
- international contacts
The applicants are required to provide a certificate of no relations with Russian Federation as an Aggressor State. The certificate must be signed by the applying representative as well as all members of the music band. Please, add the link to the scanned certificate in the application form.