We're looking for 2 acts to each showcase. Participants will perform for the international audience of the festivals, as well as take part in seminars, lectures, conferences, workshops. This year, Waves Vienna will take place from 9 to 11 September, and the Budapest Showcase Hub from 20 to 23 October. Festivals will take place offline or in a hybrid format.
This opportunity is a part of the EXTRA SOUND programme developed by the Ukrainian Institute. The program aims to boost Ukraine's presence in the international music community. In 2021, the Extra Sound programme is organised in partnership with the House of Europe. A partner of showcases is Music Export Ukraine.
Two musicians (artists/bands) representing Ukraine will be chosen by the partnering festival’ managers together with the Ukrainian Institute. Applicants can apply for two festivals at once, but will be able to participate in only one of them. The first participants from Ukraine will be chosen by the Waves Vienna festival. Open call is open until 30th June 2021.
- Ukrainian citizenship and permanent residence in Ukraine;
- Minimum age 18;
- Fluency in English (min. B2 level);
- Willingness for public communication;
- Proven professional experience;
- The applicant's activities and position must not contradict the principles and values of the UI.
Professional requirements (at least one must be met):
- Live performances abroad for the last 3 years
- Contract with foreign or Ukrainian music label (valid or in the past)
- At least 2 publications in foreign media for the last 2 years
- Professional team in Ukraine (manager, agent, booking manager)
- International contacts
The applicants are required to provide a certificate of no relations with Russian Federation as an Aggressor State. The certificate must be signed by the applying representative as well as all members of the music band. Please, add the link to the scanned certificate in the application form.